Dumprep.exe error?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

badlands23

Help! The last few days have been awful. My computer has been experiencing several problems.

The first is that the internet constantly freezes.
The second is that I get an error message of "Virtual Memory Too Low"
The third is I have been getting this error message frequently: dumprep.exe application errror. Application failed to initalize properly 0xc000012d

Any ideas on how to alleviate some of my problems? Any and all help is welcome!

Thanks!

I have windows XP

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/dumprep/

dumprep - dumprep.exe - Process Information

Process File: dumprep or dumprep.exe
Process Name: Dump Reporting Tool

Description:
dumprep.exe forms a part of Microsoft Windows XP (and later versions), in-built fault logging software. Upon serious errors this program will write the details to a text file and request the information be sent to Microsoft. This program is a non-essential system process, and is installed for third party use.

Disabling Error Reporting
Right Click My Computer >> properties >> advanced >> Near the bottom, click the Error Reporting button. >> disable error reporting

badlands23

that's all I have to do to disable those funky error messages? thanks.

i don't have to worry about the message meaning anything sinister? that's terrific. i appreciate your help.

Virtual Memory Too Low

Right Click My Computer and select Properties and select the "Advanced" Tab. Under the Performance heading click settings , Select the "Advanced" Tab and click "Change" OR Press Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System > Advances > Settings >Change

Your page file should be AT LEAST twice the size of your physical RAM
It is considered good practice to set the Maximum and Minimum Sizes the same

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online