1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dunno wats wrong...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by fadaimaster, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fadaimaster

fadaimaster Thread Starter

network:

comp specs 1: 1.63 Ghz Athlon XP 1800+, 512 MB RAM DDR, 64MB Winfast Geforce 3 ti 200, Windows XP Pro Build 2600 w/ SP1
    comp specs 2: 500 Mhz, 128 MB SDRAM, 16MB Integrated Motherboard Video Card, Windows XP Pro Build 2600 w/ SP1

router: Linksys BEFSR41 firmware 1.44.2z

problem:
    i cant believe im having problems with this (ive taken the cisco CCNA course), but after reformatting the older comp (comp 2), i cant get the newer comp (comp 1) onto the network. ive done the normal xp network wizard, but the newer comp will error out no matter what setting i put it on. so i did everything manually, setting the ip addresses, resetting and reconfiguring the router, but all i can get is that each computer can see the other, and i can access files on the newer computer using the older computer. however, the newer computer cannot access the older computers files. thanks for any help.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'll recommend the easy way, even though some forum members can't seem to understand why it works. :) Install the NETBEUI protocol on both machines, and I suspect you'll be browsing after that. It's on the XP CD in the VALUEADD directory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/147880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice