1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dup1.exe, Dup2.exe

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by gsp, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsp

gsp Thread Starter

Since last week of October my McAfee has been cleaning/deleting some unwanted programs or moving the same with an extension .Vir to C:\quarantine. My McAfee is scheduled to update its virus engine everyday on startup. My Firewall is always on. The various trojans it found are: svchest.exe, scrsys16_061230.scr, winsys16_061230.scr, winsys16_061230.dll, jar_cache7172.tmp, jar_cache25528.tmp, jar_cache48991.tmp, xydzyh.exe.

xydzyh.exe was initially a startup item, but as of today McAfee woke up and knocked it out. These viruses it found initially when connected to the Net. However, when I found it again displaying messages of the same viruses without the Net being on, I became suspicious and started looking for the cause. I found two applications in C:\. These were DUP1.EXE and DUP2.EXE which McAfee was not able to delete/clean or move to qurantine. At any time on clicking these applications, the above list of viruses got displayed in McAfee's Virus Alert Message Display along with action taken.

I manually moved these applications, DUP1.EXE and DUP2.EXE to C:\quarantine hoping that then they would not get initialized at any point. But that does not seem to be the case. Now neither can I delete these applications nor put an extension of .Vir againt them to immobalize them, or shift them back to C:\ so that some other anti spyware can detect them.

Secondly, on startup I get a RUNDLL message: "Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsys16_061230.dll. The specified module couldnot be found."

Since then I have set Windows Update to Auto and downloaded and updated whatever could be downloaded. The Firewall is always on. I also ran AVG antivirus, AVG antispyware, and Avast-4 antivirus after each was updated online, but the twin problems mentioned above still remain. However, I can continue to use my system normally.

Not to forget, I am suspicious of the Indiatimes. Email facility that may have initialized the whole thing. Emails sent from here to (say) hotmail or yahoo never seem to reach their destination. Most probably at these sites their antivirus programs kill such emails from http:\\in.indiatimes.com. I have an email ID here and they do not respond to my query on this issue.

I would appreciate help to solve this problem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice