1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

duplex printer memory

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Peter Nash, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Nash

Peter Nash Thread Starter

Win 98SE Word 2000 HPLJ5M printer with duplex option.

When I print (say) 100 of a single page document the page goes to the printer with a command (presumably) to tell the printer 100 copies.

When I print 100 copies of a two page document for duplexing on a single sheet Word spools 200 pages to a spool file and sends them to the printer two at a time. This means that the data is being transmitted 100 times.

I have Total Memory Installed = 22Mb on the printer. My two-sided page is less than 1MB so it should not be necessary to spool the copies.

Is there a way of getting Word to recognize that the printer has plenty enough capacity and to treat it as though a single page. I have tried setting the available memory in the Printer Description panel but it makes no difference.

Any ideas please?

Peter Nash,
    Bermuda :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice