1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Duplicate copies of old Windows back-ups

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Yllana, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yllana

Yllana Thread Starter

I need to remove my backup copies of my files from my hard drive. I have run out of hard drive space. Is there a program that will clean up my computer so I can download more software?

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

It's a possibility that something like this could give you some room: This not Windows' Backups, this is for Windows System Restore Points.

(If you have Windows Vista, let me know, yuo need further info)

•Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr

•Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.

•Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.

•Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"

•Click Yes, then click Ok.

•Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"

•Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.​

Next: http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe << By default, it cleans all user's temp files and such

Then see if you can manually start delting old files......you can do this far better using SHIFT+DEL method which skips putting the deleted objects into the Bin. Turn off the NUM LOCK key, or use the DEL key that is not in the numeric keypad. Right click files you want to Delete and while pressing SHIFT press Delete. Often this will not work for Folders, but if you delete the Files inside a Folder then it should work

3. shoutwity

shoutwity

if that doesn't work crap cleaner or Advance System Care could help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/965297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice