1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Duplicate Download files

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tgrover54, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tgrover54

tgrover54 Thread Starter

I confess that I have never seen this issue before a client showed it to me, and googling everywhere has yielded no results. So I bring it to you in the hopes someone out there has seen it. Running Win 7 on a Dell Latitude laptop. Every time this client downloads a file from Chrome (either email attachments from gmail or downloads from websites) the folder downloads into his Downloads folder and ALSO is duplicated into another folder! And it isn't always the same folder! I have checked the settings for Chrome, and the Downloads folder is the one and only folder set up for download destination. What the heck could possibly be going on here?:confused::eek:

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Is it possible that could be a download helper or accelerator plugin that kicks in his own download process? I have seen it before

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

He needs to check for nasties if he hasn't done so!!

4. tgrover54

tgrover54 Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I will check Chrome for accelerators that may have sneaked in, but there is no way this client would have installed one on purpose. He simply isn't that tech savvy. I've run Malwarebytes with no results, so I don't think it's malware. Hmmm . . .

5. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

That is usually the problem...... ;)

6. CleaverX

CleaverX

Accellerators and download helpers are not usually malware and they can easily be installed if one does not pays close attention to what it is agreeing to download. Many download sites have that option enabled by default.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice