1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

duplicate JPG attachments in Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cool_32, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cool_32

cool_32 Thread Starter

Hi,

Someone sent me an email with jpg attachments, let's say pic1.jpg, size 1MB. When I received it, I have 2 jpgs - pic1.jpg 1MB (of course), and another one with the same name but much smaller size pic1.jpg, 50KB. Sender told me that he only sent 1 jpg file.

Does anyone know why? and is there anything I can do to stop the smaller one come?

Thanks.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The sender probably has a setting in their end to "break apart" attachments over s certain size (possibly 1 MB by the sound of it). So the file gets sent as multiples of that size, plus whats left over (20 kB in your case).

When any attachment is emailed, the file size is quite a lot larger in transit due to the transport method and HTML encoding (email systems were never originally designed for attachments so it is quite inefficient at doing it)

The sender needs to check out their settings to stop the splitting. The settings will be wholly dependent on what email client they use.

3. cool_32

cool_32 Thread Starter

Kiwiguy, thank you for your help. (y)
    The smaller jpg is a complete pic, doesn't seem to be a left over of the bigger jpg. Plus the bigger jpg is a complete pic as well.
    Anyway, I no longer have this problem, and I don't know how it was fixed... :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice