1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{DUPLICATE}Netscape, Win98, & Dial-up Networking

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ckwdylan, Apr 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckwdylan

ckwdylan Thread Starter

I have three related questions. First, I am runnimg W98 v4.10.1998 and Netscape v4.7. When I start Netscape Dial-up opens auto and dials my ISP, but when I close Netscape Dial-up does not close and I stay connected. I would like it to close auto. Second, I would like to select files for download and have Netscape/Dial-up download them when I close, and sign off when finished. (Multiple files and maybe from diffrent sites??) And third, my tray icon for Dial-up shows 115200 as my bps connect speed. My US Robotics 33.6 Sportster (Internet updated to 56.6) is set up for 115200 max however Dial-up will show 57600 if modem is set up that way. How can I make Dial-up show my actual connect rate.

------------------
    Learning & Relearning

2. dragon-knight

dragon-knight

sorry, cant help you with the 1st and 3rd.
    I have Cable, and its been to long since i had dialup to remember.

But for the 2nd, try www.tucows.com or www.download.com and search for a scheduler
    i`ve used www.gozilla.com, but i think theres another one, getright.

3. Mulderator

Mulderator

Closing as duplicate. Go here for continuation of this post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/36285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice