Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

duplicate photo problem.

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  hewee 
#1 ·
hi there guys, first of all im not quite sure if im in the right section to post my question.

anyway, i have a photo library of 27000+ pictures but there are alot of duplicated pictures. and im struggling in deleting them one by one. i would just like to ask if there is something i could use, an application, to detect them all duplicated pictures and delete them all automatically.

hope you guys can help me. thanks alot in advance. and good day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
#6 ·
Nice one stantley.

I know I do a lot on images I have so have many images that were the same but more with changes made so you need to find them and look.

I try also to take say a image I change and then add to the file name with -1, -2 etc so it helps up know they are the same with changes

#7 ·
hey guys, i tried visipics and it works. only problem is it also detects pictures that are almost the same but not duplicates.

e.g. a family picture with 10 people and another picture with almost the same 10 people except the other guy on the back is different from the one before.

but all in all it does help alot on locating those duplicated pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Check the filter setting. Start it set to "Basic" and it should find exact duplicates.

If it doesn't find any dups at that setting it will automatically loosen the filter until it finds some images that aren't quite the same but very close.

You can turn off that setting under options "Loosen filter automatically".

#10 ·
Nice one stantley.

I know I do a lot on images I have so have many images that were the same but more with changes made so you need to find them and look.

I try also to take say a image I change and then add to the file name with -1, -2 etc so it helps up know they are the same with changes
Déjà vu http://forums.techguy.org/tech-tips-reviews/944985-program-remove-duplicate-files.html

I suggested this program a long time ago and got the John Will seal of approval. :) Can't ask for anything better than that.

#11 ·
Déjà vu http://forums.techguy.org/tech-tips-reviews/944985-program-remove-duplicate-files.html

I suggested this program a long time ago and got the John Will seal of approval. :) Can't ask for anything better than that.
Yea, I see I even posted and John told me also and I said I should try it. But never did till today and I love it.
Worth doing the scans at the default setting just to see how it picks what looks the same till you look at the full image that shows you added something.
Even have pictures I took where I took more then one that are the same or almost. One is more clear looking.

I say John was right and this is a great program.

Just play around on the setting and check thing out first because without a backup once you delete them they are gone and pictures are memories you want to keep and now days with Digital Photography & Imaging you don't have the film and prints to rescan.

Hard droves are cheap and so are DVD's so you can make backs before and after cleaning up duplicates.

Just take your time and double check.

I know from over the years I got many backups on CD's, Zip drives and smaller hard drives.
What I need to do is get a TB or bigger backup drive and get a couple of all on that drive and that will take a lot of time. Lots will be no good with old programs or may have old programs I can still use. But just lots of junk I downloaded years ago because it was free and I thought I need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.