1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{DUPLICATE}same

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Sabra, Sep 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sabra

Sabra Thread Starter

This was in regard to my previous message with Napster connection speed while downloading. Forgot to mention that I have a 56K modem (I live in a town that refuses to go into the 21st century). That's all.

Someone told me to pick only T1 or DSL connections, because cable had a bad upload
    speed.

[This message has been edited by Sabra (edited 09-15-2000).]

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    There is some limitation in uploading but what exactly are you planning to do? If your going to be hosting multiple websites using the cable connection then you may consider a T1 but if it's to be used to just browse the net and downloading things then a cable connection is perfect. Once again a T1 is better but can you afford the price in the range of $800 +++ a month versus about $40 for cable?

If you have a choice of cable or T1 then take either of those over DSL.

[This message has been edited by bhesson (edited 09-15-2000).]

3. NormanSmiley

NormanSmiley

I may be wrong, but I think Sabra is asking which type of connection to download off of from Napster. (Correct me if I am wrong!)

I read your other post and with a 56k connection you are going to only want to download 1 song at a time, no matter what speed the server is. The 56k speed is too slow and that is why you get all of those connection time out messages. It is always best to download from the person who has the lowest ping time. If they are very close to each other, go with a T3 first, then T1, DSL, Cable, and at last resort any others.

But beware, sometimes people with cable or DSL will put that they have a 56k, 33.6, or 28.8 connection just to spoof people, so they won't download from them.

Hope this helps. [​IMG]

------------------
    NormanSmiley
    http://zuzumonk.20m.com

4. Mulderator

Mulderator

Closing this as duplicate. Go here to continue.

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited 09-16-2000).]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/37411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice