1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Duplicate & Triplicate Email msgs-Why?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cwilmot, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

I am experiencing a siege of duplicate & triplicate email msgs. This happens sporadically but hasn't plagued me lately until just tonight. What's happening? Chuck Wilmot ([email protected])

2. evancummack

evancummack

You probably have a corrupt POP3UIDL.DBX file.

Close OE and delete that file (search for it on hard drive).

It will be recreated when you re-open OE.

However BE VERY CAREFUL, there can be bad things happen if you do this, so make sure you read up about it first.

I am not takin responsibility for what might happen, but this worked on my machine. There are also special instructions for hotmail users.

See microsoft knowledge base article Q296447

3. ITBecketts

ITBecketts

I saw this once with Outlook 2000. I think it was a timing issue caused by the user double-clicking 'Send/Receive' rather than single clicking. May also have been compounded by a very large Mail database (lots of messages)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!