1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Duplicate User Folders

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Deke40, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Sorry if this answer is here but I couldn't find it.

As you can see in the images I have two Deke folders and everthing I save to my one under C:\Users\Deke goes to Desktop\Deke. I delete something out of one and it is gone from the other one. It acts like a mirrow backup.

What to do?

I haven't posted in awhile and it looks like you can't post an image directly from your pc.

When I click on Windows Exployer I see :

Desktop
    Deke
    Public
    Computer
    Sxxxxxxxxx5 (C):
    DOCS
    Programs Files
    TOSHIBA
    Users
    Deke

I can expand both Dekes out and they have the same sub-folders.

I am running as the Administrator and no other user accounts show up in the Control Panes under System.

Sorry about the mess.

PS-Bare with me as I made the jump from W98se to Vista Home Premium at the age of 68.

2. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Guess I didn't look hard enough as I think I found the answer and if it is correct I will leave these duplicate folders alone.

According to the answer of the poster in the following link they acutally don't use the same resources but are like a shortcut(his term).

http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=121773

Does his answer seem correct to you?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!