Duplicate User Folders

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Deke40

Sorry if this answer is here but I couldn't find it.

As you can see in the images I have two Deke folders and everthing I save to my one under C:\Users\Deke goes to Desktop\Deke. I delete something out of one and it is gone from the other one. It acts like a mirrow backup.

What to do?

I haven't posted in awhile and it looks like you can't post an image directly from your pc.

When I click on Windows Exployer I see :

Desktop
Deke
Public
Computer
Sxxxxxxxxx5 (C):
DOCS
Programs Files
TOSHIBA
Users
Deke

I can expand both Dekes out and they have the same sub-folders.

I am running as the Administrator and no other user accounts show up in the Control Panes under System.

Sorry about the mess.

PS-Bare with me as I made the jump from W98se to Vista Home Premium at the age of 68.

Deke40

Guess I didn't look hard enough as I think I found the answer and if it is correct I will leave these duplicate folders alone.

According to the answer of the poster in the following link they acutally don't use the same resources but are like a shortcut(his term).

http://forum.worldstart.com/showthread.php?t=121773

Does his answer seem correct to you?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online