Duplicates of music files (itunes)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nimrod3277

I was just going through my hard drive, and found that I have two (sometimes three) copies of the majority of my mp3s (I use itunes). Not every song is duplicated, and the file that itunes uses is not consistent. (Let's say that there are two files, one named "Let It Be.mp3" and the other "Let It Be 1.mp3" sometimes itunes uses the first file, sometimes the second. Within each album, it's consistent, but beyond that, it's a crapshoot.)

I started manually deleting the duplicates, but, since I have over 5000 songs, that method is tedious, to say the least. Is there an easier way?

Thanks a lot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online