1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dust In CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Avectius, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Avectius

Avectius Thread Starter

Hi There =) Could dust in the CPU affect computer performance? Lately my PC has been running slower each month, specially when in games there are alot of players connected, or for example, in MMOS when the camera is pointed at a place with alot of graphic detail. There is alot of dust stucked inside my CPU, so i was just wondering. Also, could the CPU performance affect the network card? since some times instead of getting the normal download speed of 1 mb, i get 200 kb.

thanks

2. mcgiwer

mcgiwer

The answer for your question is yes. Big amount's of dust are blocking the cooling CPU's fan and the generated heat causes overheating and the lower efficiency. Additionally, the dust particles are good electricity conductor's and they creating short's between pins on the boards (example network card on PCI slot)

There is possibility that the Internet is slow because your Internet Provider does not properly fulfill the agreement of the Internet service supply

3. Avectius

Avectius Thread Starter

Regarding the service of the internet, they do fulfill it, they told me to do a speed test, and everything was confirmed, Download and Upload speeds were perfect. over national and both international services. Although some downloads dont meet the 1 mb download speed, but that could be because of the servers itself, heck or even the cable in the modem but i doubt it.

My Machine can run good high-end graphical games, and yet, its still very slow in games with EXTREMELY low graphics, such as Quake Games for example, like Quake 3, among others. Thats why i suspected of the dust.

One more question, recently newly bought graphic cards rarely have malfunctions correct? i mean im thinking if this can be a graphic card problem but someone once said that cards rarely have errors, etc. is that correct?

4. Avectius

Avectius Thread Starter

Also, my card brought VGA adapters with it, since it was a DVI card, my screen is VGA so i have it running through those adapters, that wouldnt cause low performance right? o.o

5. mcgiwer

mcgiwer

In most cases the speed test's show the expected network speed and not the one with you really have

There 2 possibilities: either your graphic card is incompatible with your computer hardware or the malfunction

6. mcgiwer

mcgiwer

What kind of graphic card and processor do you have ?

7. Avectius

Avectius Thread Starter

Card is: ATI Radeon HD 4670 and Processor is Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz I Have 2GB Of RAM and a 450 WATT Power Supply

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/927127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice