1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dv3-22330 Screen not turning on.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smed11, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smed11

Smed11 Thread Starter

I have a dv3-22330 Laptop that only recently has starting to have problems that occured about a week or two ago. On startup the LCD display does not show anything just a black screen but everything else continues to function as normal like it should, i have tried all of the suggested ideas like taking out all the power and holding the power button for 60 seconds to get rid of any charge that maybe triggering the failsafe.

The strangest thing is that im writting this thread on the very same laptop, after some testing done earlier the laptop screen will only turn on when the power cable is plugged in but will not turn the screen off when taken out again.

Laptop + Battery = No Screen
    Laptop + Battery with power cable plugged in after or during boot up = Screen on
    Laptop + Power cable = Screen on
    Laptop + Battery + Power cable = Screen On

This surely rules out that the common suggestion that i found like backlight, inverter ect isnt the problem and this also does not sound like a dodgey cable as the power cable would have no effect on a wonky cable. The most obvious problem might be that it has to do with the Power Saving settings but they are set so they also do not turn the screen off in anyway although with the power cable plugged in makes the screen come on you would be lead to believe it is.

Any help to this problem would be greatly appreciated as this is baffeling me.

Thanks. (y)

2. Smed11

Smed11 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice