1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dv7-1135nr black screen caps lock/num lock flashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brigasm, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brigasm

brigasm Thread Starter

My friends dv7-1135nr is not posting. The num lock and caps lock led light will flash once every 2 seconds at the same time. According to HP this issue is a " not functional" cpu. I am ordering another cpu for 16.00 off ebay because this is cheaper opposed to ordering another board. Anyone else have this issue? And if so did you fix it ?

2. pip22

pip22

Yes I fixed it. I ditched HP and bought an Acer. Never again will I buy HP - I should have read all the negative stuff about them (and there's plenty of it) before buying that brand - big mistake.

3. brigasm

brigasm Thread Starter

i am a technician in a computer repair department and the majority of computers we service are hp. we get dells but they are usually very old models.

4. brigasm

brigasm Thread Starter

OK the processor didn't work. : ( HP light error codes are not even accurate lol. Time to reflow solder

5. brigasm

brigasm Thread Starter

reflowed solder on the whole board and now im getting 4 light code for gpu failure lol

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1035792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice