dv7-1135nr black screen caps lock/num lock flashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brigasm

My friends dv7-1135nr is not posting. The num lock and caps lock led light will flash once every 2 seconds at the same time. According to HP this issue is a " not functional" cpu. I am ordering another cpu for 16.00 off ebay because this is cheaper opposed to ordering another board. Anyone else have this issue? And if so did you fix it ?

Yes I fixed it. I ditched HP and bought an Acer. Never again will I buy HP - I should have read all the negative stuff about them (and there's plenty of it) before buying that brand - big mistake.

brigasm

i am a technician in a computer repair department and the majority of computers we service are hp. we get dells but they are usually very old models.

brigasm

OK the processor didn't work. : ( HP light error codes are not even accurate lol. Time to reflow solder

brigasm

reflowed solder on the whole board and now im getting 4 light code for gpu failure lol

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts