1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd and XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BTex, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BTex

BTex Thread Starter

Working on friends Gateway I upgraded it to XP PRO and added a Sony burner.. After the install XP from scratch When I access the excisting DVD rom with a regular cd The pc goes into a meltdown hour glass will come up and not respond to anything...

When i put the image of ME back on the pc everything works fine?

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

3. BTex

BTex Thread Starter

The setup is that the DVD is set as master, the sony burner is slave. The dvd worked fine I loaded the OS oficexp and norton it seeme after i loaded Roxio cd burning software is when it went down hill fast. I uninstalled Roxio and no improvment. Would it help to switch the master and slave on the drives???
    Just grasping

4. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

I think most would advise that the burner be set as master (as do many manufacturers), that's the set up I use with the DVD as slave. If Roxio caused some problems it would probably take more than an uninstal to set things right. Have you tried a system restore?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice