dvd and XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BTex

Working on friends Gateway I upgraded it to XP PRO and added a Sony burner.. After the install XP from scratch When I access the excisting DVD rom with a regular cd The pc goes into a meltdown hour glass will come up and not respond to anything...

When i put the image of ME back on the pc everything works fine?

BTex

The setup is that the DVD is set as master, the sony burner is slave. The dvd worked fine I loaded the OS oficexp and norton it seeme after i loaded Roxio cd burning software is when it went down hill fast. I uninstalled Roxio and no improvment. Would it help to switch the master and slave on the drives???
Just grasping

MysticEyes

Banned
I think most would advise that the burner be set as master (as do many manufacturers), that's the set up I use with the DVD as slave. If Roxio caused some problems it would probably take more than an uninstal to set things right. Have you tried a system restore?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online