DVD Architect burn errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JT Cole

I attempted to burn a DVD I created from video captured from my DV camcorder in Sonic Foundry's DVD Architect but it did not work. Here is the error message I got. If anyone can tell me what the problem is I would appreciate it very much:

The command failed due to a IOCTL error. Your interface
or drive may be configured incorrectly.

'SFMMCX'-(17)
'atapi'-(1)
-'DVDRW IDE1008 0054'-(1)
Module sfmmcx.cpp Line 1648

Command: 2a 00 00 00 06 40 00 00 20 00
Sense: 02 04 04
Info: 00 00 00 00
Specific: 80 00 5b
Extra: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Okay--lets go through the process---You captured a video (avi) file via your camcorder---brought it into your computer and played with it using your NLE (Vegas). The next step would be to render the final product to MPEG2 (not one)--this can be done either in your NLE or in DVD Architect. After rendering is complete you can burn your DVD. Give us a little more in terms of your work flow.

JT Cole

OK sounds like you pretty much got it down. I take the video with my Canon Optura camcorder, capture the video in Vegas 4.0, render the files as MPEG2, switch to DVD Architect, prepare files, then attempt to burn where I inevitably get the error I displayed earlier. Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online