1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Architect burn errors

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by JT Cole, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JT Cole

JT Cole Thread Starter

I attempted to burn a DVD I created from video captured from my DV camcorder in Sonic Foundry's DVD Architect but it did not work. Here is the error message I got. If anyone can tell me what the problem is I would appreciate it very much:

The command failed due to a IOCTL error. Your interface
    or drive may be configured incorrectly.

'SFMMCX'-(17)
    'atapi'-(1)
    -'DVDRW IDE1008 0054'-(1)
    Module sfmmcx.cpp Line 1648

Command: 2a 00 00 00 06 40 00 00 20 00
    Sense: 02 04 04
    Info: 00 00 00 00
    Specific: 80 00 5b
    Extra: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

2. rextilleon

rextilleon

Okay--lets go through the process---You captured a video (avi) file via your camcorder---brought it into your computer and played with it using your NLE (Vegas). The next step would be to render the final product to MPEG2 (not one)--this can be done either in your NLE or in DVD Architect. After rendering is complete you can burn your DVD. Give us a little more in terms of your work flow.

3. JT Cole

JT Cole Thread Starter

OK sounds like you pretty much got it down. I take the video with my Canon Optura camcorder, capture the video in Vegas 4.0, render the files as MPEG2, switch to DVD Architect, prepare files, then attempt to burn where I inevitably get the error I displayed earlier. Any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!