1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved DVD audio lag

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by alwrmc, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I have a number of older DVDs (double density/two layer). The audio tends to start to lag behind the video in the second half of the video. If I pause the video and then restart it the video and audio match up again but then begins to lag or be out of sync again as the video continues. Is there a DVD setting to fix the problem?
    DVD player: LG BP530 Blue Ray
    TV: LG 55SJ8000
    Thank you

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

3. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    Thank you 2twenty2.
    I have scanned thru the manual (already had a copy) for anything "audio" or "Sync". I find nothing that seems to address the problem. Perhaps it is a matter of terminology....what I say versus what someone else says.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Are these "Home Made" DVDs ?

5. 2twenty2

2twenty2

You're welcome. By the way you are using the right terminology.(y)

I will leave you with Noyb as I don't think I can help you further.

NOTE: I don't have an LG player but I do have a Sony BDP-S3700 Blu-ray UHD player and with a dvd in the player, if I press "Options" on the "Remote" a menu pops up and one of the selections is "A/V Sync". I've only had to use that once on a recorded tv program on dvd that for some reason the Audio was way out of Sync with the Video. I have never had that problem with a commercial DVD only the home made one. I would assume somewhere on your LG BP530 there would also be that A/V Sync option.

You might want to take a look at the manual for your LG 55SJ8000 TV and see if there is a A/V sync option there. Here is a link to the Manual for the LG 55SJ8000 tv if needed - https://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-55SJ8000#manuals

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  6. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    Thanks again, I already have both manuals (PDF).
    Also yes they are old movie copies. I have two of them that I will be replacing with new DVDs which I will order. The others I'll probably trash if 2TwENTy2 suggestion to check the player and/or TV for an A/V sync option does not work. They played perfectly in my previous DVD player BTW.
    I'll consider this thread SOLVED now.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I had the same problem when I ripped some old "home made" VHS to DVDs.
    I had to use "Constant Framerate" setting to solve the problem

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  8. 2twenty2

2twenty2

I know that this thread has been marked "Solved" but there is something else you can try.

When the a/v begins to unsync fast forward the disc for a few seconds. I have found that this sometimes works bringing the a/v back in sync. If that doesn't work try fast reversing the disc for a few seconds. Good luck

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219635

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice