1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Authoring

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Elyk, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

I need a DVD Authoring program. It should have a bunch of menu options, work with VOB files, and produce as good quality as the input.

I'd prefer it to be free.

Any ideas?

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. stantley

stantley

Try DVD Flick, it's free and easy to use.

4. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

DVD Flick doesn't support VOB files :(

Any other programs? Or can you tell me which format I can convert a huge VOB file to and get the exact same quality?

5. daz1

daz1 Banned

6. stantley

stantley

Where did you get this huge VOB file?

7. valis

valis Moderator

curious about that myself.

8. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

I was on TV a few times and I asked the network to send me the TV quality episodes. It was a gameshow and I'm making a nice DVD for myself and my teammates and coach. Is there a good free program that can handle VOBs?

9. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

Or a format that I can convert it to without losing quality?

10. valis

valis Moderator

I know of none, off the top of my head. Did the television station give you permission to burn them? And can you ask the station for dvd copies of the game?

11. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

I asked the network for the episodes on DVD. I told them that I'd copy them and add our personal footage to the nice DVDs I envisioned. I have all rights to the episodes as long as I don't distribute them for cash.

I'm having trouble with the VOB files they provided. There are 4 parts to each show. I've tried merging them, but when I play them the buffering thing acts wild (moves fast and in the negatives of buffering percentage). It does that when they are not merged too. I tried converting them to MPEG (A+V TS), but after the first part the sound is out of sync. I tried MPEG so it'd work with some DVD programs.

But no luck. I'm just looking for a way to have a good menu display and they ability to select an entire episode at a time.

12. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

*Along with the buffering problem: no DVD authoring program I tried will recognize the files play time, rendering them useless to the project.

13. Elyk

Elyk Thread Starter

Anything? Bump.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/937230