1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Back ups?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hottesttotty, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hottesttotty

hottesttotty Thread Starter

Curious if anyone has used any of the software I've seen recently for dvd copying? I would REALLY like to find something that is easy to use, and makes copies that will play in the regular dvd player. The kids are KILLING our dvd collection! It would be SO much nicer to know that my original is safe and sound while my two year old puts his own copy of Spiderman in, paw prints and all!! :eek:

The two I've seen so far are DVD Squeeze and Replicant . Anyone used either of these, or recommend anything else?? Replicant sounds a little better, but that may just be the advertising?? I am clueless as to the process, just know what I would like to accomplish in the long run........a SAFE dvd collection! :) Any help/input appreciated....

Thanks in advance!!

2. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme

do you want to make dvd's or video cd's??? the link i use for video questions is listed below...it has answered any question I have had...I make dvd backups using a dvd burner so really need to know which you are looking for......

http://www.vcdhelp.com/

There are many links that explain how to do this

3. hottesttotty

hottesttotty Thread Starter

Hey, thanks for the link! Going to check it out in a minute.

As for what format I want, I dunno really. I just want to be able to make back ups that will work in the regular dvd player. That way I can just keep my originals locked up, and let the kids use the back ups.

4. dirtclod

dirtclod

Hello, if you are still looking for software to back up movies, I would suggest DVD X COPY by 321 studios. This software works great. It is just three clicks and you can copy any DVD movie. You check them out at there websit 321studios.com and order or pick it up at your typical retailers (BestBuy, CompUSA, etc.) I have it and it works great. You might want to get your copy soon. This software may be forced off of the shelf due to lawsuits with the movie industry. This is basically because the product is so easy to use and is very reliable. You can also check out news adds on them as well. Just search 321 studios and you will be able to read about them. Hope this helps......

5. frenat

frenat

One other thing, for any movies you have that have already been destroyed or are no longer playable. If you contact the company that made it and explain that the disc is no longer useable, many will send you a new one if you send the damaged disc back to them.

6. $teve

$teve

i agree with dirtclod.......DVDXCopy is excellent and very easy but you need a DVD burner.

welcome to T.S.G dirtclod;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice