DVD Burn Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

danville

Hi,
I seem to be having problems burning movies to DVD. The movies seem to burn ok using Nero 6 but when trying to play them back on the same DVD drive it will work but every so often an error message will appear saying some files cannot be read and it will freeze. then i have to click ok and then the movie will continue to play. This is using Nero ShowTime. They will not play at all using Windows Media Player. The strange thing is most of the burnt discs work fine in a DVD player, although some are rejected.

My DVD drive is a Sony DVD+ReWritable and the discs are Emtec DVD-R 4.7GB. How can i get the disc to work with no problems? Am I doing something wrong?

Please help me sort this because i have just brought 50 of these discs!

Are you burning the disk at the maximum speed? You tend to get a very 'shallow' burn when you do that, you may get a better success rate by burning at the slowest speed possible. I never burn movies at more than x2 speed despite having an x8 speed writer. It's also a fairly established fact that some makes of DVD-R's work better with certain types of writers; you may just be unlucky and have picked one that doesn't work so well with yours. Try a different make if burning slower doesn't work.

The sony drive may be a rebadged liteon if so it will probaly burn + discs better.Also when you burn the disc do not do any multi tasking,it may cause errors.The disc may play but the quality of the burn will be bad.You may and up with skips and other issues.You should also try to stick with good quality media.You get what you pay for.PS. If you have the time do some research on disc quality scans.Kprobe,dvdinfo pro,Nero cd-dvd speed(extra..disc quality test) come to mind at the moment.Some people strive for the perfect burn :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online