Dvd burner acting like a cd burner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rmarty920

I bought a dvd burner a long time ago when I first built my pc. The problem is that the dvd burner won't read dvds or burn them. In fact, it only works as a normal cd-rom drive.

Here is all of my system info, any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have to buy a new burner!!

Drive D:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded No
Media Type UNKNOWN
Name HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31L SCSI CdRom Device
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate -1.00 kbytes/sec
SCSI Target ID 0
PNP Device ID SCSI\CDROM&VEN_HL-DT-ST&PROD_DVD+-RW_GSA-H31L\4&340A8369&0&000000
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (6.0.6001.18000, 65.50 KB (67,072 bytes), 4/14/2008 1:11 PM)

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ROBBIE-PC
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, 2411 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS Revision 0903, 1/2/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4

Marty: Click Start>My Computer>Right click on your DVD drive and choose Properties.
Select the Recording Tab and be sure that "Enable CD recording on this drive" is checked.
You should be able to play DVD's and Music using Windows Media Player, but I prefer using Power DVD for DVD's, and Nero for burning.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online