1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Burner Blues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jonnysako, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnysako

jonnysako Thread Starter

Hello from the 'New Guy". Ok, here is my problem...

I had an NEC DVD burner awhile back that all of a sudden stopped reading blank DVDs and DVDs that I had burned backup files onto. When I select the drive properties it tells me that the disk is full, even with blank disks. It would read CDs, blank CDs and would also burn CDs just fine. I had no idea what the problem was. The drive was over a year old, so I trashed it and bought my current drive, Lite-On SOHW-1633S. Well this new drive is only 6 months old and is doing the exact same thing. Windows is reading it as a DVD-RW drive under My Computer and in the drives properties it is reading it with the correct model number. I am baffled. Two drives with the same problem makes it sound like it is an issue with windows and not my drive. If you can give me any insight into this problem, or if you need any other information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/384811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice