dvd burner disk recognition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

snowman

Hi:
I have a new Benq EW822U External DVD burner attached to a pretty new computer with XP. When I used the Sonic software to burn data to a R+ disk it just ejects it and asks for a disk. (I did quick format the disk before using it)
The complete info on the box it came in says Benq ew822u deluxe 8x +-Dual external usb2.0 dvd+/-rw. Is it possible this burner only burns rw media? ....although that seems like a really stupid thought.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

Don't know how you got it configured but had a similar problem. I hook mine as a slave to cd drive and it would not write and sometimes not read a disk. I rehooked it as master and cd as slave and no problem since. You may want to try switching the drives if you have 2 drives on same cable. Also I would suggest to use the master and slave setttings on the drives. Sometimes the cable select can cause a problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online