1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD burner doesn't burn DVDs unless I restart

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spoon_T_Rex, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spoon_T_Rex

spoon_T_Rex Thread Starter

My DVD burner has been acting weird since I got it. I'd return it, but I got it off of a friend's roommate who never used it, so there's no taking it to a store.

It burns CDs fine, at any time I'd like it too, but if I try to burn a DVD I always get errors unless I restart my system. Then it seems fine to let me burn DVDs (and it seems there's not limit) but if I leave it for a while and come back it won't let me anymore (perhaps only 20-30 minutes later).

My DVD burner is a BTC DVDRW 1008 attached to a Shuttle AK35/N Ultra (nForce2) mobo. I have the latest drivers for the motherboard from nVidia's website (shuttle just links to there). I can't update the firmware to my drive as the firmware software doesn't even recognize that a drive is installed! (I did update it a few months ago on my friends computer hoping that would fix the problem, but no go.)

I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 with 512 MB PC3200 Crucial Ram and an AthlonXP 3000+.

If anyone has any clues, please feel free to flood this thread with helpful info, I'd love it! :)

Thanks in advance!

2. n2gun

n2gun

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272635

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice