DVD burner not working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FuzzyBear

I have a Toshiba satellite which uses a SDR6112 which can burn dvd+-Rs supposedly. When I tried to burn something using drop and drag DVD burning program that came with the comp, it asked me to insert a disk, but I already have a blank DVD+R inside. I tried using another burning program, cheetah, but it also asks me to insert a disk. I've been all around the net searching for an answer on forums and stuff. Is there anyone who can help me?

What brand of blanks are you using? It may not like them. I know that sounds stupid, but it's the truth. A lot of burners don't like Memorex. I personally haven't had a problem with Memorex, but I know a bunch of folks who have. Brand makes a big difference.
Verbatim is a very good brand, liked by most burners. Maxells are pretty good, usually. TDK is a hit or miss. A lot of people prefer Ritek. Only places I've seen to buy those are online.
First thing I'd try is another brand.............
Good luck! Keep us posted.

FuzzyBear

Using imation. I think it's a japanese brand. anyways, I guess I could try another brand. they work on my brother's laptop, but his isn't a toshiba. I'll buy them tmr, if you guys figure out anything else, let me know, thx.

FuzzyBear

okay I tried verbatim and TDK... nada
I just noticed that in mr computer, it says DVD-RW drive and then under that CD drive in the details even after I put in a blank DVD+R. I'm going to ask toshiba if there are any new drivers for it. I just don't understand why it won't read blank media. Anyone have any suggestions?

FuzzyBear

Okay, I think my writer is DVD-RW, so then should I be able to write on DVD+Rs? if not, I'm an idiot...Please tell me if it is possible.

Thanks

Couriant

James
No, if its a minus (-) then it will not do +

What toshiba model do you have.

Hello,
I have Toshiba Laptop with PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K12D DVD Drive. It supports DVD+-R/+-RW operations. I having problems with burning DVD+R's. I can see the data burnt on the disc (looking at the difference in color) but if I insert the disk it shows 0 bytes :mad: .
I tried
DVD Drag n Drop (which I have uninstalled currently)
HT Fireman (freeware).
I have Toshiba recovery CD.
Is there anyway to clean up the DVD drive related application/driver without going for system recovery or formatting?
Thanks.

FuzzyBear

I've got a toshiba P25-S507 I think. I'll go buy a DVD-RW tmr to try it out. Thx

Couriant

James
windxpuser said:
Hello,
I have Toshiba Laptop with PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K12D DVD Drive. It supports DVD+-R/+-RW operations. I having problems with burning DVD+R's. I can see the data burnt on the disc (looking at the difference in color) but if I insert the disk it shows 0 bytes :mad: .
I tried
DVD Drag n Drop (which I have uninstalled currently)
HT Fireman (freeware).
I have Toshiba recovery CD.
Is there anyway to clean up the DVD drive related application/driver without going for system recovery or formatting?
Thanks.
What laptop model is it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online