1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd burner re post

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dockers, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dockers

dockers Thread Starter

i have a pioneer 109 dvd burner. the problem is that if i put a dvd r disc into the drive it states that it is a cd not a dvd. it seems to work ok with a dvd rw discs and a cd disc also anything that has been prerecorded is ok, only the dvd r is a problem.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are these DVD-R or DVD+R discs and have they ever worked? You may want to try another brand or update the firmware of the drive to add new media support: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/content/support/support/software.html#fdvdwriter

Also what software are you using? The built in Windows burning capability doesn't always work 100% and doesn't always support all drives. You may want to use the software that came with the drive or something like Nero or Roxio.

You could even try going to Device Manager and uninstalling the drive, when you reboot it will reinstall automatically and sometimes thats enough to resolve an issue.

3. dockers

dockers Thread Starter

i have burnt discs in the past without any problems, unfortunately the discs i used dont have anything written on them so i dont know if they were + or - DVD R .the discs i have tried to use at the moment are DVD+R and these are the ones that come up cd when put in the burner. i have updated the firmware and i use nero for burning. i tried uninstalling the drive and rebooting but this didnt resolve the issue. i will try and get some DVD-R discs and see if they are recognised by burner.

4. dockers

dockers Thread Starter

i purchased some DVD-R discs today and they have the same issue as the DVD+R discs

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Could be that the drive is starting to go, one of my LG's at work went this way. I did try it in another computer and it had problems there too. You could try the drive in another computer to verify if its a software or hardware issue.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice