1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dvd burner stops working as a drive and burner.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by splagl, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splagl

splagl Thread Starter

I recently was asked by my mom to burn her a disk onto a dvd. So on her computer after I take the dvd out it still shows as it being in and when I try to write on the disk it says windows is using the disk please wait. So I do and still nothing. But my main problem is when I tried it on my computer nothing is showing up in the drive. The blank disk doesnt appear no movies I put in nothing. It used to work. What do I do?
    Thanks

2. pjhutch

pjhutch

First, try emptying the CD Burning cache in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning (you may to unhide folders in Folder options first).

Next check Device Manager and make sure the drives are showing under DVD/CD-ROM Drives.

Next, try the upper/lower filter fix in registry. You can download fix from :
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/xp_fixes.html
    Click on 'Restore Cd/DVD drives to explorer' link.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice