1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Burning, Just getting started, Burn software advice please

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by robodoc, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robodoc

robodoc Thread Starter

Just a rookie at this please forgive me. I"m good on processing/ ram/ Hdd. I now have a DVD player and a DVD Burner. I Understand the basic levels of DVD discs, and I thought my DVD Wizard pro that I bought 2 years ago would take off and run, but it didn't. My burner is 8X16. Is the disc that came with it supposed to make it burn or do you have to go aftermarket like 1.5 years ago. I'm just lost. Please send me to the education I so desire.
    robodoc

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

Could you tell us what make and model number you bought and what software it came with.

3. robodoc

robodoc Thread Starter

The DVD Burner is an LG 8X16 that came with a disc labeled LD Writer Solution which features "Power DVD", It has lightscribe, properties shows the drive as HL-DT-ST-DVDRRWGSA41
    robo

4. robodoc

robodoc Thread Starter

I found the box it came in. It's a internal Super Multi DVD/CD Rewriter GSA-4166B P/N 3890H-2038A Ver.A

5. linskyjack

linskyjack

I am assuming that one of those pieces of software is for burning your files to your DVD rw. According to LG's website, that model comes with Nero Express and with Cyberlinks Authoring and Playback Software--PowerProducer Gold.

First things first. What do you want to burn to DVD.

6. robodoc

robodoc Thread Starter

Got it figured out, thanks for your help. My problem was with copying DVD's. I was of the understanding that you could legally make a back-up copy of you own DVD's legally, but evedently that is no longer the case. So, any answer to those type of questions are not allowed on this forum so I will consider this case closed. Thanks again for your help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435601

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice