1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD burning problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by oggie666, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oggie666

oggie666 Thread Starter

I am trying to burn my film footage onto a dvd, i have used tmpgenc and tmpgenc DVD author to create the files, but whenever i burn them onto a DVD-r or DVD+r, using nero, then the disk will not run in ,y DVD player and it shows bad disk on the display....

And yet if i burn it onto a DVD+rw it will work,

does anyone have any ideas why it wont work on a DVD-R/+R

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

One DVD player here will only work with RW media, one will work only with -R Media...

Its all to do with the laser output and the reflectivity of the media.
    Sometimes the brand of media has an effect.

There is no "standard" only variations.

3. oggie666

oggie666 Thread Starter

i have burnt film footage before onto DVD-R and DVD+R and these have worked, but there have been a few cases of the original problem happening

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

For a list of what DVD players will play what kinds of formats, click on "DVD players" at www.dvdrhelp.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/202080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice