1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd burning problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by matty h, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matty h

matty h Thread Starter

im using nero to burn my dvds.and i have windows xp.the problem is that the burning process seems to 'hang up'.about halfway in or towards the end it just stops.no error message.all times stop.except duration time

2. Saxon

Saxon

Burning DVD's is a system intensive application. Try closing down things like virus checkers, monitoring programs, and unecessary things like screen savers . A useful setting to make is to right click on My Computer then choose Properties, then click on the Advanced tab then under Performance click on the Settings button and select the entry ' Adjust for best performance'. Click OK etc. Doing these things will help some way to releasing some processing power to Nero.

3. bee316

bee316

I have a burn fail error msg when trying to make cd's. it happens about 1/3 through the burn process...up to that point everything seems to be working ok.any ideas

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/382749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice