1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD burning problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by coryvance, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coryvance

coryvance Thread Starter

I have been trying to burn a collection of photos to a dvd+rw as a data disc. Both Nero or Recordnow are not working for me. they all stop and says "Could not perform start of Disc-at-once"

I have a hp dv1000. My CD/DVD Drive is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K14. How do i know if i have the right discs? How do i know to use DVD-R/DVD-RW or DVD+R/DVD+RW???

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

DVR-K14 writes to DVD-/+R media at 8x, DVD-/+RW at 4x, DVD+DL at 2.4x, and CD-R/W at 24x

3. emoxley

emoxley

Which part of Nero are you trying to use?
    You have to make it a data disk, when burning pictures (just in case you didn't know).
    In my older version of Nero, there was a section labeled "Pictures", which I thought I was supposed to use. But it never worked right. So I tried the "Data" section, and they came out great.
    Good luck!

4. coryvance

coryvance Thread Starter

I am using Nero 7, I am using the "Make Data DVD". would a different program work? like Roxio Easy CD Creator?

5. emoxley

emoxley

I don't know that it will work any better than Nero. Nero works just fine for me. Besides, Nero and Easy CD Creator, do not play well together. They don't like being on the same computer, at the same time. It will create problems.

It may be a problem with your burner, more than with the software.
    This has worked for a couple other folks. See if it helps you.

In your device manager, right click on your burner, and click "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install a new driver for you.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes............... :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/492892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice