1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd burning problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by unclefloyd, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. unclefloyd

unclefloyd Thread Starter

ive had a strange problem occur.about a week ago,my dvd/cd drive started only burning cds.when i try to burn a dvd disc,it said in effect"no media found,please insert a disc".i tried updating the firmware,uninstalled and re-installed nero,even tried a different burning software,but the problem remains.so i broke down and bought a new burner.but the same damn thing is happening!cds will burn,but dvd's wont even be detected.i tried different brands of dvd media,updated firmware,but the problem persists.so it must be something to do with my computer.cana nyone help at all.i sure need it,thanks in advance

2. sockerdudex

sockerdudex

can it read DVDs period? also list any actions you have done b4 the problem that migth have caused it. included minor details cuz they might help

3. unclefloyd

unclefloyd Thread Starter

it can read dvd's,just not burn them.i haven't made any changes to my computer as of late.

4. sockerdudex

sockerdudex

looks like something ahppned to the device or driver. i would suggest going into device manager, finding the device, and either, updating, rolling back the driver. u also migth want to look into system log to see what you can dig up. also some more info like what OS, specific dvd device and driver, any errors message would be more helpful

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice