1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD burning problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dannyyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyyoung

dannyyoung Thread Starter

I have always had trouble finding a consistent brand of DVD RW that always works in my laptop. I have an HP Pavilion zd8213ea, and I burn using Nero. For example I need to clear hard disk space so gathered around 4GB of music files that I wanted to archive and store on DVD. I burnt these using Nero and the process seemed to go perfectly well, the data was validated and the disc popped out. I burnt this data to a Philips DVD+R. However when I put the DVD disc back into the machine, it isn't recognised in the D: drive.

Is this a common problem? I need to clear hard disk space so need an effective backup solution and as I have a DVD writer I'd like to use that as often as possible!

Thanks for reading

2. dannyyoung

Hi just wanted to bump this up, because I am wondering is it usual to have to go through a trial and error process when finding the right DVD RW's to use? The same for CDRW's?

I just don't want to keep buying different brands if they don't work, but am totally confused that Nero said all was OK and now my drive won't recognise the disc when I put it back in?

3. dannyyoung

Hmm I am wondering is this a stupid question, over 40 hits but no ideas? Or is it a common problem?

I have found a batch of CD-R disks that seem to work every time. Would it be correct to assume that the same branded DVD-R disks (as opposed to DVD+R) will also work?

Confused.... :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/763241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice