1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD Burning

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Henry Haina, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Henry Haina

Henry Haina Thread Starter

I have been able to download VHS tapes to my laptop. No matter what program I try I cannot convert the massive AVI files to another format to be able to write onto a DVD. In the present state it is over 12 GB. I need help in formatting and writing.

Mahalo
    Henry

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What programs have you tried?

When you say you cannot convert the files, how have you tried, what has happened (error messages etc are helpful)

3. Henry Haina

Mahalo for responding. I have used Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 and the Dazzle Movie Maker programs. I have clicked all over the page to find the location to modify the little over 12GB VHS stored on the hard drive so it will fit on a 4.7 GB DVD disc. And I have not found a web page for Dazzle to ask questions. Someone told me they recently went out of business or sold out. I am willing to try different programs if necessary. I have even tried to import it into DVD X Copy Platinum. I am totally lost. This is not a play project. I am trying to salvage old training videos before they are totally lost. Any help is appreciated.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

All your answers are in the top "sticky" thread on this page, by Mulder.

You need to encode the files, and compress them to a lower quality to allow them to fit.

5. linskyjack

linskyjack

6. Henry Haina

Thank you for your relpy. I'll look into both of them.

Mahalo,
    Henry

7. bondi

bondi

Hi Henry, Maybe you could try "dvd shrink: it is freeware and will downsize dvd's. I have not tried it with vhs but once the movie is on your hardrive it could work.....Bondi

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice