1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD burning

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wolfworx, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

This is a recurring DVD burning annoyance.

I successfully create a DVD movie based on some video clips of Summer activities, Ski Club Promotion and business presentation then burn DVDs. I want to make several copies to send to friends, relatives, and prospects. I test the resulting DVDs by playing both on my computer and the DVD deck connected to my TV.

Although I have used the same media, same files and same version of Nero I get the following inconsistent results for various DVDs (that should be Identical) I tested:

1. Plays on computer, but not recognized on my DVD deck.
    2. Plays normally on my DVD deck for a while, but then pixelates and freezes up.
    3. Plays normally on my DVD deck, but not recognized or fails on a friend's equipment.

If it fails on my equipment (conditions 1 and 2) I can simply burn another. That usually works, but I would need to watch the movie all the way through to be sure.

For a disk that I send to a friend, I have no way to be sure it will work on his equipment.

:(Wish there were some quick verification test to be reasonably sure the DVD would play before I send it out. This problem is very frustrating. Has anyone else shared my dilemma?

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

There should be a verify data check box on the burning screen
    of nero.
    Takes longer if you check the box,but it will compare and
    verify the data was burned properly.
    I usually get better results for dvd players using DVD+r disks.

3. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Hmmm.. I've been using DVD -r disks, although my drive can burn both types. I'll try some +r disks to see if I get fewer bad burns.

4. stantley

stantley

You might try different media, too. I had some problems burning DVD's, until I got some Verbatim DVD's. I haven't had any coasters since I got those.

5. peck1234

peck1234

You said it... Verbatim are the best.... Memorex are the worst...

Also, (at least on my burner) I get the best quality dvd's (pipo scans) burning at a 4x speed...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/863790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice