Solved DVD camcorder: if I record onto a disc then remove it...

kerawl

Keith
After I record a bit of video and then remove the DVD, if later I put the same disc back in, will the camcorder continue recording after the spot I've already recorded? This is assuming I haven't finalized the disc between "sessions." (I figure it WILL continue recording if I leave the disc in the camcorder between shoots.)

I have a Sony DCR-DVD101 camcorder. I attach the manual, which doesn't really mention this particular scenario -- that I can find anyway.

Thanks all!

Attachments

Oddba11

Jim
I've not used one. But how this typically works, assuming that it will continue using the disc, is that it will start the new recording on the disc. It won't be a continuation of the existing recording, but it will be a new track. Other devices, such as your computer, likely won't read these discs until the disc is finalized.

kerawl

Keith
Thanks Jim! This is very helpful. My camcorder recommends finalizing all the recorded discs, and it's a built-in feature of the camcorder itself. So it's quite an easy process. I will mark this thread as Solved later on. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online