1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD/CD Burner not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by adthomas88, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adthomas88

adthomas88 Thread Starter

Ok. So I got a acer aspire 5517 about a week ago and it was doing fine. I have been burning dvds the whole time that I have had it. I installed nero 9, burned one cd, and my burner just stopped working. If I try to burn from the windows task manager, it tells me to update my firmware. When I search for firmware it says that it is fully updated. I dont know whats going on and it is really starting to become irritating. please someone help!

2. antech

antech Banned

What do you mean when you say i tried to burn it with task manager??
    How are you sure that your burner stopped workin?
    If you think that the burner has died out ,Return it and ask for help at the Acer Customer Care
    Make full use of your warranty

3. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

4. adthomas88

I have tried to go through microsoft to fix it and it doesnt help anything. I have tried to uninstall the drive and reboot and that doesnt work. I have tried using the task manager, nero, and windows and nothing will burn.

5. wguru

wguru

Just my uneducated opinion here, but you seem to be experienced enough not to be recommending you to uninstall Nero and any other burning app's before reinstalling your burner's drivers, no?

6. adthomas88

I actually did all that but I had to take it in to rent a center and reboot cos nero messed up my registry that bad. thanks anyway though

7. antech

antech Banned

Try uninstalling the drivers and then re-installing it

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice