1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd/cd burning

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by shanmc, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shanmc

shanmc Thread Starter

hi. im on a dell latitude d400 notebook with ex disc player. i really dont know about burning cds/dvds and formatting them to play on dvd players etc. im not even sure if i have the required software and if so where to find it on my computer. can anyone recommend type of software and post a link to step by step instructions for buning/disc type required etc.
    thanks for any help:)

2. Sponsor

3. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Here is a free one if you don't have one.
    http://cdburnerxp.se/
    There are also help files on the site as your
    question is pretty broad.

4. shanmc

shanmc Thread Starter

hi ,that link wont work. tried to run it but its an invalid command?

5. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Hmm,strange,it's working fine for me.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What types of disks are you wanting to burn? Music? Movies? From home videos? Slide shows? CDBurnerXP provides basic functionality, but if you're looking to create sophisticated media disks, you'll need something different.

7. shanmc

shanmc Thread Starter

hi .
    im lookin to burn music and movies from itunes/harddrive. just want to be able to burn and formatt movies on a dvd that can play on a normal dvd player .i downloaded finalburner free edition but havnt tried it yet .any help would be great.

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Can you be more specific? Are you looking to create simple picture slide shows? Or something more complicated with transitions and music? What kinds of movies? This site can't help with copyrighted contact, so it would have to be home movies.

Some DVD players play simple data disks with JPG files. Others don't. I don't have much experience with complex multimedia disks, but CDBurnerXP won't do much more than create data or music disks.

9. shanmc

shanmc Thread Starter

hi doubleHelix. specfics hmmm. have some songs/podcasts from itunes i would like to burn as a cd for driving etc also burn home movies to dvds that play on a 'normal' player.no slide shows or anything just transfer from computer to disc. sorry if its vague

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You can burn music disks right from iTunes. You don't need any software for that. I don't have any experience burning movie DVDs, so I can't help you there, but I don't think CDBurnerXP will do that.

11. shanmc

shanmc Thread Starter

thanx, can i burn from my libary rather than the store? thought i needed software so cool if i dont

12. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't get the question. You can't burn to disk what you don't have in your library.

13. shanmc

shanmc Thread Starter

sorry, meant i can burn songs from my libary to disc rather than re-downloading to disc. i'll give it a go

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!