1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD/CD Disk Driver Not Spinning

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Brinaq, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brinaq

Brinaq Thread Starter

Please read the title
    I put in my disc for a computer game and I noticed it was taking a very, very long time to install. I check the disc drive- it's not spinning.
    Does anyone have any advice? I have a Windows 7.
    Thanks.

P.S. I know I titled it as "Driver" rather than "drive". Usually I'm relatively computer savvy, but I was a bit sleep deprived then :p

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Every other disk works fine? Or the drive doesn't read any disks? A driver is software. Drivers don't spin. Drives do. So you're saying it doesn't make any sound at all when you put any disk in? And you don't see anything in Computer related to the drive? Or nothing happens when you try to browse the disks?

3. Brinaq

Brinaq Thread Starter

Other discs don't work either.

4. Brinaq

Brinaq Thread Starter

Now, instead of going to installation and not spinning, a pop up states: "1607: Unable to install IntallShield Scripting Runtime."
    Should I re-install InstallShield?

Also: Thanks for quick reply!

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Time to replace the drive.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042115