Solved DVD/CD player

Rja55

I purchased a refurbished Lenovo T410 with Windows 10. It has a DVD/CD player built in but the pc doesn't recognize it. It is not listed in Device Manager and it will not open. How can I get it to work? Thanks

Have you looked on Lenovo's web site for driver support for you laptop? If not do so and download and install DVD driver for it.

If that doesn't work....you need to contact who ever you bought the refurb laptop from and if there is a warranty for it go through the warranty RMA process.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That model from what I can tell was with Windows 7. It's possible that Windows doesn't recognize it because of that, though it should be a simple multimedia device. Try this, remove the CD/DVD device and put it back in.

1601318543440.png

Otherwise I agree with Bass, if you have the timeframe, see if you can return it for another one, or at least get them to repair it.

Rja55

That model from what I can tell was with Windows 7. It's possible that Windows doesn't recognize it because of that, though it should be a simple multimedia device. Try this, remove the CD/DVD device and put it back in.

View attachment 281271

Otherwise I agree with Bass, if you have the timeframe, see if you can return it for another one, or at least get them to repair it.
It turns out the DVD player is missing. Thank you for your reply. I will be contacting the seller.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online