1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD/CD-R Burning Problems 2

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Neorox, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Neorox

Neorox Thread Starter

Hey im gonna keep this plane and simple.

Description of problem:

I cannot copy anything basicly, DVDs everything. I use All types of discs, like DVD-R and CD-R. Any help would be thankful

My Burner:
    Is a LITE-ON Model = DVDRW SOHW-1653S

Logfiles & Information:
    Logfiles and information

Scan the file if you wish, but there are no spyware,shareware, or virus in it. Just two simple documents, of logfiles, one of Nero and the other from Alchohal 120%

Again any help would be aprichiated.

JOHNWILL - Moderator Closed my last topic, i want to point out that i never said i was copying movies and games like that, i take a media course in school, and i need to get my DVDRW to work, so i can bring in my animation project, or anything else i do. When i say Games I mean flash games, or mods, for things like BF2. Not Illgal Piracy.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Perhaps you can provide some information. What is the source of the data, what specific types of data, and what burning application are you using? What version/patch level of Windows are you running. What are the exact symptoms of the failure, error messages, screen display, etc.?

BTW, what is the Logfiles and Information link supposed to do for us? It just takes me to a Megaupload page for ring tones and the like? :confused:

3. Neorox

Neorox Thread Starter

When it loads click the X on the advert that pops up, then in the top right there is a count-down, when it reaches zero it will say Click here to download. Click it and download the file, it has Alchahol 120% And Nero Logs (latest) that will give you my system specs and so on.

Ive tried all things, .mp3 .mpeg .avi .ogg basicly all types of things and they all fail, you would get more help from those logs than anything else.

4. JohnWill

You should have mentioned the wait for the ad in your first post. :rolleyes: I don't normally go to a page and then stare at the ads until something happens.

I still don't see your logs, even after waiting 45 seconds. I suggest you attach them directly to a message here, it's a lot more reliable, and we'll actually be able to see them.

5. Neorox

Neorox Thread Starter

I dont know how to do that, but i can do this:

6. JohnWill

The normal causes of a "Power Calibration Error" are in the order of frequency are:

1. Poor quality media
    2. Dirty lens in the drive
    3. Firmware upgrade required for current media
    4. Drive is dying/dead

7. Neorox

Neorox Thread Starter

So what do i have to do, sorry im useless at this kinda thing.

8. JohnWill

Well:

1. Try different media
    2. Use a CD/DVD cleaning kit
    3. Check the manufacturer for firmware upgrades
    4. Buy a new drive

9. Neorox

Neorox Thread Starter

OK im trying the firmware thing, but i keep getting this error

I got the correct Firmware from here:
    http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=17

10. JohnWill

Did you first try different media and a cleaning kit?

11. Neorox

Neorox Thread Starter

Yeah Ive done them both, and now the RW wont even boot up a blank DVD or CD it "now" only boots up things with data on it.

This only happend after i finished the cleaning kit

12. JohnWill

Doesn't sound good. If using the cleaning kit changed things for the worse, I suspect it didn't clean as well as it should...

13. Neorox

Neorox Thread Starter

I think i fixed it, very strange though. I had a problem that i couldnt open my Task Manager, so i search on google how to fix it, and i read things about this virus: Win32.P2P-Worm.Alcan.a I fixed the task manager thing, and then it booted up my blank discs, so im gonna try to copy disc! w00t, so far it seems to be working!

14. JohnWill

Well, that's a backdoor that I didn't see. :) Hopefully that was indeed the issue...

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/410253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice