1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD/CD Rom drivers wont read disk.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shygirluv, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shygirluv

shygirluv Thread Starter

Hi i ned help with this DvD/CD rom drive i have no idea why it wont read disk. I have factory reset it to original state twice. I just got rid of viruses through AVG before i reset it. If anyone can help me i would greatly appricate it . i will reply with any info you may need i posted another post with my comp files and sofwear info.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you've done a complete system recovery and reverted that computer back to its original factory condition and the DVD/CD drive still isn't reading discs, it's not an infection issue. The CD/DVD drive probably needs to be replaced.

Since the CD/DVD drive isn't reading discs, I have to assume that you used the computer's built-in partition to do a system recovery.

--------------------------------------------------------

3. shygirluv

shygirluv Thread Starter

yes i have nd did i mess up the drive?

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Doing a system recovery in that computer had nothing to do with the CD/DVD drive not working. It probably needs to be replaced. They do go bad - more often in laptops than in desktops.

--------------------------------------------------------

5. shygirluv

shygirluv Thread Starter

ok thank u so much i can let my cousin know. are they easy to install? or does she need to take it to a shop/ how much does this usually cost/
    im sorry i ask so many questions but thank you for helping

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Depending on whether that computer is a desktop or a laptop/notebook and how experienced your cousin is with replacing parts will determine how easy or difficult it is and how much it'll cost to replace the optical drive.

Most people aren't experienced in doing that and just take the computer to a shop.

----------------------------------------------------------

7. shygirluv

shygirluv Thread Starter

ok thank u very much.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can mark your thread "solved" using the button at the top of the page.

(Moving to Hardware.)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice