DVD/CD Rom drivers wont read disk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shygirluv

Hi i ned help with this DvD/CD rom drive i have no idea why it wont read disk. I have factory reset it to original state twice. I just got rid of viruses through AVG before i reset it. If anyone can help me i would greatly appricate it . i will reply with any info you may need i posted another post with my comp files and sofwear info.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you've done a complete system recovery and reverted that computer back to its original factory condition and the DVD/CD drive still isn't reading discs, it's not an infection issue. The CD/DVD drive probably needs to be replaced.

Since the CD/DVD drive isn't reading discs, I have to assume that you used the computer's built-in partition to do a system recovery.

--------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Doing a system recovery in that computer had nothing to do with the CD/DVD drive not working. It probably needs to be replaced. They do go bad - more often in laptops than in desktops.

--------------------------------------------------------

shygirluv

ok thank u so much i can let my cousin know. are they easy to install? or does she need to take it to a shop/ how much does this usually cost/
im sorry i ask so many questions but thank you for helping

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Depending on whether that computer is a desktop or a laptop/notebook and how experienced your cousin is with replacing parts will determine how easy or difficult it is and how much it'll cost to replace the optical drive.

Most people aren't experienced in doing that and just take the computer to a shop.

----------------------------------------------------------

You can mark your thread "solved" using the button at the top of the page.

(Moving to Hardware.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online