Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DVD compatibility issues.

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a small business making slideshows, and I do burn a lot of DVD's. I do have a problem with some DVD's not playing in all home viewers. I am fairly new and am learning the process. I have a Lite on DVDRW 1633s came with the pc. I use Nero 7 to burn.I tried to set bit-sitting, but I think because my burner is interenal,it won't let me do it. Now I've read here something about finilizing a disc after burn. Maybe I am missing a process. How do you 'finalize'?I use R- and have tried to book type R+. Thanks

#2 ·
DianeDoug said:
How do you 'finalize'?
I believe that Jomama46 is using a stand alone DVD recorder, not any kind DVD burner attached to or inside of a PC. These recorders allow you add video tracks as you wish until you have the tracks you want or the disc gets full. The recorder then needs to finalize the disc by burning some additional information to allow the disc to work on typical DVD players.

You may have a different type of problem and I have asked a moderator to move you to your own new topic.

#3 ·
Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

#4 ·
I have the same burner as you, and it does bitset/booktype, only on + discs (+R, +RW, +R DL)

I use LiteOn's bitsetting utility, to bitset all my discs. You can get it here:
http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=153

When you install and open it, put a blank +R disc in your burner. When the blank fields in the window, shows the disc info, make sure the "Change booktype to" field has DVD Rom in it. Then click on "Change". It will let you know it's bitset, along the bottom of the small utility window. DO NOT CLOSE THE UTILITY WINDOW! You can minimize it though, until the burn is finished.

Computer burners automatically finalize discs, so you don't have to worry about it.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.