DVD creation program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

caminator

Hello all. I have a miniDV camcorder. It is probably 3 or 4 years old. It's a Sony. I just got a firewire cable for it and recoreded christmas. I would like to put it onto my computer and create a DVD from it. I was wondering if any of your pros could tell me what a good but fairly simplistic program to do that would be?

I have used the software that came with it in the past (a long time ago). I cannot remember what came with it, nor do I have the software so I will ahve to buy more. Because I've used it though, I have a slight knowledge of getting the video off from the cam onto my computer. I jusr want something that will make it easy for me to create a DVD from that. Any idea? A program that does both would be most ideal I believe. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thank you!!!

Google "miniDV computer"
That may help. (theres plenty of results)
You may need a firewire cable (i'm not quite sure)

caminator

I have my camera connected to my computer. I don't need drivers. Everything works great. I just need software for DVD creation/editing. Does anyone have an opinion on a good and easy program to use for that that I can either download or pickup at a local computer/electronics store? Thanks

I use nero 6. It's the best in my opinion. Make sure it is compatible with your burner though. I think Alcohol 120% is pretty good too, and you can get a free trial for it.
Alcohol 120%

If you want to edit your video, do titles, some fx etc, then check out Sony's Vegas Movie Studio+DVD. It has an excellent NLE that you use to capture and edit your DV footage, and a fairly good DVD authoring program to make your DVD---it includes the mpeg codec that you will need. It is priced at 89.95 on the Sony site. I am not sure if you can find it cheaper elsewhere.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online