DVD drive can read video dvds but cant read data disks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aiko0818

My dvd drive in my Emachines laptop cant read data disks anymore, but it can read/play music and video dvds without any problem.

I have an Emachines D732z. I have Windows XP and drive is hl-dt-st dvdram gt32n.

I'm unsure of the cause of the problem. Can anybody help out? thanks!

First Name
Jay
Are the Data discs CD's? When you say Musicand video dvd's do you mean Music Cds and Video dvds?

aiko0818

The data discs are cds and dvds. Driver can't read any of them. The video dvds and music cds work fine..

When I try to load the data discs, it shows 0mb. The data discs works on other dvd drives.

First Name
Jay
You could try running a DVD/CD Cleaning disc in the drive. It may just be a dirty lense.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts