DVD drive can't read

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gubat07

Hi,

Can someone pls help me just recently my DVD drive stopped working. I tried some solutions on threads I found on the issue (check if boot IDE is set to automatic) but still the problem persisted. I also tried to check the device manager but can't figure out which is responsible for the DVD drive.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks

Delete the drive in device manager and reboot to re-install.
These devices fail quite regularly, so you may need to replace it.

gubat07

That's just my problem, I can't even find the drive on Windows Explorer. It can't be a connection problem(?) as the player opens and shuts when I press the button.

Try this

Download CDgone to your desktop.

Right click and choose Extract All,
open folder and double click on cdgone.reg

Do Not Click on EditReg.reg

Restart your PC.

Also take a look in Device Manager for the drive if it is not there then most likely the drive has failed.

If the drive is there but not reading discs - which your thread header implies - try running a head cleaner 3-4 times. It's probably there if you can see it in Windows Explorer, even if you can't see the contents. If it isn't in Windows Explorer then like guys say above, it has probably failed.

gubat07

Tks for all the replies, I'm now convinced that the drive has failed or the cable has come loose.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online