1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

dvd drive deleted after vista updates!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by hotdaddyincamos, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotdaddyincamos

hotdaddyincamos Thread Starter

i purchased a toshiba satellite around 6 months ago. on the 24th of january it downloaded and installed updates. after restarting i became aware that my dvd drive is no longer on my computer! i tried the system restore with no luck. the d: drive is not only not powering up, but when i click on computer to view the drives its not on there. its not in the device manager either! if any one out there can help me with this issue i would be very greatful! i noticed when i googled it that there were countless other people having the same issue. i still have few months before my tour in afghanistan is over, and id REALLY like to watch some of movies to make the time go by! thank you.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If it's not powering up, it can't have anything to do with the Vista updates. Those don't affect power, especially before the OS even loads. Does it open and close? If it does, then it gets power.

If the drive is not in Device Manager, then it may be disconnected. Check all the connections if you can.

The only other thing that could make it disappear are BIOS settings. Has anything been changed there?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/676184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice