1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DVD drive does not eject

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eric333, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric333

eric333 Thread Starter

I can hear the tray is trying to eject but will not open. This happens whether I use the eject button or right clicking on said drive icon and clicking eject. It only ejects after minutes of pressing the eject button over and over again. My computer is 3 years old and this problem just started a few months ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce G100, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 296530 MB, Free - 180890 MB; D: Total - 298585 MB, Free - 298484 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, Aspire X1700
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

2. ETech7

ETech7

Sounds like faulty drive to me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice